Responsible to: Community Development Manager
Contract Type: Contracted - Part Time
Number of Hours: 20 hours per week (agreeable at appointment - flexible between 9am-5.30pm)
Salary: £17,000-£19,000 pro rata for part time hours
Job purpose: To provide administrative and functional support to the CUFITC team, in particular the effective administration, monitoring and evaluation of activity and programmes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To review existing admin systems and adopt a pro-active approach to change ensuring we operate in the most efficient and cost effective manner
- Support the Senior Team and Development Officers with appropriate tasks linked to funding applications
- To implement administration systems that will assist in smooth running and development of CUFITC
- Deal with incoming enquiries (by email, phone or post) on behalf of CUFITC
- To manage the website and booking engine on behalf CUFITC including the listing and booking of all online courses, ensuring information is transferred effectively to online registers and the creation of excel driven reports
- To act as a the ‘Super User’ of Substance Views for ensuring reports and data is provided to relevant funders and partners
- To manage the bookings system and process linked to venue hire
- Supportthe transition towards a cashless organisations with all bookings being taken online with the removal of telephone bookings and cash payments
- Communicate regularly with parents and players regarding upcoming courses, events or fixtures
- Ensure information is advertised and updated on the organisation’s website and liaise with the PR team to make them aware of upcoming CUFITC events and needs
- Support the Senior Team and Development Officers with general admin duties
General Duties & Accountabilities:
- To support CUFITC in their aims and objectives at all times
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Club policies, including health and safety policies
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
- To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing CUFITC
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Charity, Club and its personnel
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
Qualifications & Experience:
- Substantial, demonstrable and relevant experience of administrative line management and office administration in a similar organisation or environment.
- NVQ/SVQ in Business and Administration, Levels 1-4 (Desirable).
- OCR Awards, Certificates and Diplomas in Administration, Levels 1-4 BTEC Level 3 Award & Certificate in Principles of Business & Administration (Desirable).
- Understanding of the administrate functions in relation to community partnerships and programmes.
- Experience of working within the sports, community or events industry.
- Must deliver results within assigned levels of accountability.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Have strong IT Skills particularly Microsoft Office programmes, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Determined, self-motivated and able to act confidently on own initiative.
- Excellent planning, time management, organisational, project management and accurate record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work within a team and demonstrate good people management and coaching skills to improve performance and encourage initiative within a busy environment.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent level of IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- An understanding of and a commitment to CUFITC values.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Good at managing tasks and prioritising efficiently.
Key performance indicators:
- Implement a consistent approach to the monitoring of all CUFITC activity via the VIEWS system
- Assist in developing a HPF (High Performance Framework) for all CUFITC staff
- Drive for a reduction in spend vs forecast
- Implement frame work procedures to manage and monitor training and staff development
- Assist and document recommendations for service or administrative improvements
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Please note that this role is subject to a successful DBS & reference check