Dietary Aide (Nursing Center)
Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, strives to inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we continue to grow, we are seeking devoted and caring Dietary Aides to join our Culinary Team.
Maplewood at Mayflower Place Campus, in West Yarmouth, is Cape Cod's only full service continuing care retirement community. We offer independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing & rehab.
Maplewood at Mayflower Nursing & Rehab Center is hiring Dietary Aides, Part Time and Full Time - flexible availability is a must.
We offer: Competitive wages Flexible shifts Paid training & uniforms Growth opportunities Bonus & incentive programs
Maplewood offers full time employees a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time-off, voluntary Aflac insurance, a 401k plan and more!
Maplewood at Mayflower Nursing & Rehab Center
579 Buck Island Rd, West Yarmouth, MA
The Dietary Aide is responsible for assisting in the set-up, service and cleaning of the dining room. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the Maplewood Senior Living philosophy.
- Performs all assignments prior to the opening of the dining room. A pre-opening list of duties will be posted
- Assists with meal service under supervision of the Dining Room Manager or Culinary Services Director
- Assures the stocking of unit nourishment kitchens and front lobby refreshments as well as keeping areas neat and clean
- Assist with meal tray line service, Salad, dessert and beverage preparation
- Tray delivery to the nursing units and the dining room
- Assists in keeping dining room clean and properly arranged for residents
- Knows the menu and how the food is prepared before each meal
- Perform all assignments after the residents have left the dining room - Specific opening & closing duties
- Attends to other tasks as assigned by the Culinary Services Director
- Be familiar with the OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures
- Knowledge of fire and safety procedures
- Food handling operations
- Operation of kitchen appliances such as a microwave, coffee maker, ice machine, office equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of Therapeutic diets a plus
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.
Due to Department of Public Health requirements, all candidates will be required to show valid proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (1 st vaccine, 2 nd vaccine, and booster) before commencing work, unless they receive an approved exemption from Maplewood. Those who do not obtain full vaccination and booster within that time frame, without an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)