anzuk Education are working with a large SEND school in the London Borough of Hackney, that caters for children with Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), who are looking for passionate Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) to join their friendly team of staff for long term work.
All through school (ages 3 - 19)
Caters for children with Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
Close to major transport links
Young, fun and dedicated staff base and senior leadership team
Training and professional development offered
OFSTED Good The roles and responsibilities of an LSA typically involve:
- Working closely with the class teacher to support in the delivery of exceptional learning experiences for children.
- Working on a 1:1 basis, or in small group sizes, with pupils with statements of special needs to provide more targeted and meaningful learning experiences. - Utilising effective behavioural management techniques to assist in promoting an optimal learning environment within the classroom.
- Assisting the teacher to set-up engaging and interactive practical lesson activities.
- Undertake additional duties, such as break and lunch duties, as and when is required.
Enthusiastic, patient and resilient nature
Comfortable with personal care - i.e. toileting and feeding
Comfortable using the hydrotherapy pool, when required
Experience working with children or young people
Passion and willingness to work in SEND environment.
Previous SEND experience is not essential but would be advantageous
Within 1 hour commute of Hackney Requirements:
To apply and commence working with us you must meet the below criteria:
- Possess an Enhanced Child DBS with an update service subscription, or demonstrate the willingness to apply for one through anzuk.
- Possess an updated CV, outlining paid employment covering the last two years - any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- Be based in the areas stated above, or surrounding areas, and able to provide a valid police check from countries you have lived in (outside of the UK) within the last 5 years.
- Be able to show experience working with children in a coaching, tutoring, teaching or mentoring role - or a willingness to learn and undertake new challenges!
You must have all of the above to be able to be cleared for work.
Learning Support Assistants often earn between £70 - £80 per day, dependent upon previous experience. Higher rates of pay can be considered for high-performing candidates with excellent references.
How to apply:
For additional information, or to apply for this role, please contact Maham on .
About anzuk Education:
anzuk Education have been based in London since 2004. Our aim is to help create exceptional experiences for the learners of today; we accomplish this by always placing the best educators in the right learning environment