Manager of Technical Accounting ($100k-$125k)
Want to know what makes our employees eager about going to work every day? The people we serve. Being a part of Maplewood requires passion and a desire to help others. Each employee has the ability to touch the hearts of all our seniors and be a part of something bigger than themselves. It's not just a job. It's an extraordinary life.
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live the good life in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Manager of Technical Accounting to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible shifts
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: including medical, dental, vision, 401K, company paid time-off, life insurance policy, insurance deductibles and voluntary Aflac insurance for our full-time employees
- Provide technical accounting and implementation guidance on the treatment of accounting issues in compliance with U.S. GAAP requirements.
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting implications of complex or nonstandard transactions.
- Review contracts, evaluate and communicate accounting consequences of potential transactions.
- Keep current on proposed accounting reporting matters to proactively update management and finance teams.
- Assist the Controller with the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Maintain effective and efficient internal controls and participate in all required compliance efforts in relation to remediating disparities in financial reporting.
- Evaluate control deficiencies, and monitor remediation actions, timelines and progress.
- Coordinates external audit function, including the annual, Medicare/Medicaid Cost Report and 401k audits
- Collaborate with the Company's external auditors specific accounting matters, as they arise.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc financial information packages.
- Partner and execute on other finance related projects and initiatives, as assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrates proficiency in:
- MS Office - Intermediate Excel skills required
- Yardi (preferred), or other accounting software
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Masters preferred
- S. CPA license required.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience, with a combination of public accounting and company industry experience, preferred.
- Strong U.S. GAAP technical accounting foundation with knowledge and practical experience in topics such as revenue recognition, leases, and financial statement presentation and disclosure.
- A basic understanding of tax regulations and reporting requirements
- Strong advisory/consultative skills with a service mindset and the ability to build key working relationships with finance and accounting teams.
- Experience implementing accounting standards and special projects.
- Ability to identify, escalate and respond quickly to unexpected challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to effectively lead, inspire and develop potential team members.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions
- Perform responsibilities as a team player
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening, and reference checks.
Due to Department of Public Health requirements, all candidates will be required to show valid proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (1 st vaccine, 2 nd vaccine, and booster) before commencing work, unless they receive an approved exemption from Maplewood. Those who do not obtain full vaccination and booster within that time frame, without an approved exemption, will be terminated.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting
- Masters or better in Accounting or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)