Colchester United's Football in the Community is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults from across the region.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a progressive team at Colchester United Football in the Community and lead on our NCS and Inclusion programmes.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and ambitious individual to plan and deliver a co-ordinated programme, in line with our charitable objectives and targets.
As this position is a key appointment in our organisation, you will have the tenacity to achieve targets and the creativity to overcome obstacles. You will be a leader and have the ability to inspire and motivate people from all backgrounds and communities.
To establish new and develop existing sustainable opportunities for NCS and inclusion projects within Colchester United Football in the Community, the local and surrounding areas based on local need.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the coordination and delivery of NCS and Inclusion activities for Colchester United FITC.
- To assist in the coordination and administration of tasks associated to NCS using programme specific software & systems.
- Develop a strong Disability Player Pathway with structured opportunities throughout the County from grass roots to excellence for adults and children.
- To co-ordinate our PL Kicks programme working closely with required partners and meeting KPI's as set by funders.
- To develop a comprehensive Health and Inclusion programme to utilise the facilities at Shrub End Community and Sport Centre.
- To support CUFITC Head of Community on the expansion and sustainability of Health and Inclusion programmes.
- To deliver coaching sessions as directed.
- Ensure effective administration for the Health and Inclusion programmes.
- To work with Head of Community to co-ordinate development projects as instructed.
- To coordinate, manage, deliver and monitor coaching sessions with groups of young people, or organisations.
- To use views as a monitoring tool and support the Head of Community in producing appropriate reports.
- To act as a lead Mentor to a group of CUFITC sessional coaches.
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all coaching sessions led or assisted at.
- To ensure Safeguarding is adhered to including keeping personal CRB, First Aid qualifications up to date.
- To undertake appropriate training.
- To ensure the quality control of coaching sessions.
- To contribute to staff development including coach education and peer coaching.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as agreed with CUFITC Head of Community. This job description is also subject to review, and may be amended in the light of changing circumstances following consultation with the post-holder.
Qualifications & Experience
- Level 2 NGB award.
- Multi-Skills Training.
- Coaching for disabled footballers.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Member of the FA licences club.
- Must have relevant experience. This will include coaching within a sports development environment, experience of coaching and/or playing and project management skills.
- Experience working on or within the NCS programme.
- Working within partnership and multi-agency programmes.
- Working with young adults, primary and secondary school aged pupils.
- Activity planning, project management and staff management.
- Experience of delivering commercially viable coaching schemes.
- Experience of meeting income-driven targets.
- Experience of writing reports and good IT skills.
- Experience of using VIEWS system.
- UEFA B Football Coaching Certificate
- Youth Work certification
- FA Youth Module 3
- PFPE Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Mini-bus Licence/eligibility
- Worked within a professional football club environment.
Salary - 20,000 - 21,000 dependent on experience
Hours - 40 per week
Benefits - A company pool vehicle and business mobile phone
Closing date - 16 th April 2021 (Please note this may close earlier if suitable candidate is found)
Interview period - WC 19th April 2021