Harrison Sands Law are working with a full-service law firm in Sheffield to recruit a Property Litigation Solicitor.
What you'll do:
An exciting position has arisen within our clients Commercial Litigation Department, for a Property Litigation Lawyer.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, determined and enthusiastic candidate wanting to join an exciting and dynamic department.
Given the responsibility and level of this role, candidates should have Commercial and Property Litigation experience ideally gained at a reputable law firm and be able to demonstrate running an independent caseload, exceeding financial targets year on year.
The successful candidate must have experience of managing their own files, be a confident advocate and experience of both commercial and residential property disputes.
Daily duties will involve handling a broad range of Disputed Property matters. Candidates will be commercially aware, have good client care skills, an eye for detail and knowledge of document and case management systems. The candidate will be required to deliver excellent client service in dealing with the full range of disputed property matters. This will include but not be limited to:
* Dilapidation and improvements
* Enforcement of covenants and easements
* Renewal of business leases, both opposed and unopposed, including service of notices, counter notices, applications to court and conduct in the Landlord and Tenant 1954 litigation generally
* Negligence of property professionals
* Rent Arrears
* Proceedings for possession, demotion of tenancy and anti-social behaviour injunctions
* Boundary disputes
* Leasehold Enfranchisement
* Residential Possessions
You will be required to carry out matters from start to finish, through to conclusion with a high degree of competence with the ability to work to strict deadlines with the Client at the very forethought of everything you undertake.
You will also be required to work from your own initiative and as part of a team and also take direction and delegation from the Head of Department.
From time to time it may be required that you travel nationally to attend to clients and be prepared to do so at short notice should the need arise.
Key Result Areas:
* Providing excellent client service in line with our departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
* Building effective relationships with clients both internally and externally
* Ability to contemporaneously time record in order to generate fees.
* Deal with disputed property matters from start to finish maximising fees through efficiency.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills