Education and Training Across the Key Stages.
Are you an experienced PRU Teacher, or Cover Supervisor or Learning Support Assistant looking for your next role?
Do you hold strong behaviour management skills, whilst remaining calm and approachable? Are you keen to continue your work in Education and Training, but take a new position away from mainstream settings?
If so the PRU Teacher or Support role with Academics Ltd might be of interested. We would love to hear from you! The role is to work with a variety of age ranges, key stages and ability levels. So this role is suitable to both Primary & Secondary applicants.
Academics Ltd are currently working with a numbe of Pupil Referral units and due to increased needs we are actively seeking suitable candidates within Birmingham/Worcestershire area. Ideally we need a number of experienced teachers with strong behaviour management skills. We also have opportunities for support staff to start work within PRU. We have a variety of roles from daily cover to longer term and permanent opportunities.
As a PRU Teacher you will be working with challenging behaviour, this can be in a mainstream or PRU setting. It is important that applicants are able to hit the ground running, hold strong behaviour management skills and can provide an excellent service to our schools and specialist provisions. We require adaptable, flexible, calm candidates with a creative flair for engaging pupils with various barriers to learning. Often students within the specialist provisions have emotional and behavioural difficulties.
To be considered for this role of PRU Teacher you must have the following experience;
- Experience of SEMH or Outreach service.
- Theability to build positive relationships with the staff and pupils quickly.
- Confidence to support on 1:1 or small group basis and the ability to work with specific plans, offering input to better understand the needs of the students and ensure the relevant intervention is provided.
- Training in Attachment/ ASC/ Thrive/ Theraplay is advantageous to help the students learn through play and more vocational programmes.
- Skills to enthuse the most complex students to achieve their potential, allowing them to feel engaged and safe.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing circumstances and embrace new ideas, strategies and training.
- Comfortable working with young people who have SEMH and additional needs. Education and Training is available.
If you are interested in working within a Pupil Referral Setting or similar setting then please get in touch with Charlotte today on or