Have you always been good with numbers? Do you want to kickstart a love of algebra and equations in the children you teach? Then this role as a Teacher of Maths with Randstad Education is the role for you!
We are looking for a maths teacher with a passion for sharing their love of the subject with their pupils. The role is a temporary opportunity, full-time five days per week, at an outstanding school in Southport within Sefton Local Authority, starting as soon as possible. The role is ongoing but may continue until Easter 2020 for the right person.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- A school with a community environment, on-site parking, a friendly, supportive department and great leadership
- A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant to support you and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Access to Randstad's benefits package including discounted cinema and holiday vouchers, high street discounts and more
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding, prevent duty, and 'Team Teach'
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Your responsibilities as a maths teacher will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons up to GCSE level within your specialist subject area of maths, enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular activities such as clubs, social events and outings
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
- A strong knowledge of the mathematics curriculum, from KS3 to KS4; KS5 knowledge would be advantageous but not necessary
- A recognised teaching qualification (such as BA QTS, PGCE etc) NB NQTs, QTLS holders and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- A strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- The motivation to achieve and add value to the school
Randstad Education is the UK market leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN. We now also have a dedicated section looking after school support roles such as technicians, administration and finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks including enhanced DBS and full referencing process.
We are open to receiving applications immediately so if you are interested please do not delay. Following a registration interview with your consultant here at Randstad Education, as the successful candidate, you could expect an interview or trial day at the school. It may even be straight into an immediate start. Please email your CV to or give the office a call on and speak to Catherine Stockford, the specialist secondary education consultant for Sefton and West Lancs.